Last updated on 23/07/2017
Clover Wireless Privacy Notice (Updated 2013)
By visiting Clover Wireless website or any other websites operated by Clover Wireless or its affiliates (collectively, the âSiteâ), you agree to accept the practices described in this Privacy Notice. If you do not agree to the terms of this Privacy Notice, please do not use the Site. Each time you use the Site, you should check the date of this Privacy Notice (which appears above) and review any changes that have been made since your last visit to the Site.
1. Personal Information Collected By Clover Wireless
Clover Wireless uses information that we collect from our visitors and customers to personalize and improve your visit and trade-in experience at the Site. We gather the following types of information:
Information You Give to Us: We collect Personal Information that is provided by Site users, and we may transmit, compile, or record such Personal Information to or on our servers at various locations within Canada and the United States âPersonal Informationâ includes your name, address, telephone number and email address. Personal Information is collected when you establish an account with us, create a trade on the Site, participate in an online survey, or when you communicate with any of our departments such as customer service, sales or technical services through the Site, telephone, mail or fax. In some instances, we may obtain other peopleâs names and email addresses that you may choose to provide as part of our âemail a friendâ feature.
Orders: If you create a trade through the Site, you will be required to provide contact information.
2. Use of Information Collected By Us We use this information in an effort to improve your experience on the Site, to provide services to you and to communicate with you about information that you request. We may also use this information to help us target specific offers to you, to help us develop and improve our Site, and to tailor our Site to your interests.
3. Sharing of Information with Third Parties
We will not rent, sell or otherwise disclose your Personal Information to unrelated third parties without your consent, except as stated in this Privacy Notice. Service Providers: We may employ other companies or individuals to provide certain services to or on behalf of us such as analyzing customer lists and data, or performing marketing or consulting services. These third parties (âService Providersâ) will only have access to the information needed to perform these limited functions on our behalf and are required to provide your Personal Information with at least the same level of protection and security as we use on the Site. Such Service Providers are prohibited from using your Personal Information for any purpose other than that for which such party was engaged by us and/or as stated in this Privacy Notice. Any Service Providers that use data received from us may only do so in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
Third Party Marketing Partners: We may, from time to time, share your name and postal mailing address with a few carefully selected third party marketing partners that we believe offer products or services that may be of interest to you.
Aggregate Information: We provide aggregate information to some of our business partners. This information is used in a collective manner and does not identify you individually in any way. We collect and share aggregate information in order to know more about the general profile of our customers so that we can improve your trade-in experience.
Shippers: If you make a trade through the Site, your name, telephone number and address must be provided to third party shippers such as UPS, FEDEX and US Postal Service to deliver your trade-in phone to the Trade-in Center. These drop shippers are only given your name, postal address, and telephone number for the sole purpose of fulfilling your trade.
Third Party Transaction-Level Data: If you visit the Site from a third-party website the third-party website may be able to access select information from your individual transaction information. In order to track and credit your transaction the third party website may give you a unique code, cookie or graphic which will uniquely identify you. This will only happen if you link directly from a third party website to the Site. Any transactions made at the Site while such a code is active will be reported back to the third party website. We will only report non-Personal Information to these websites such as the date of the transaction, the product(s) purchased and the amount spent. We will not report any information to these third party websites that will allow them to personally identify you. The presence of a third party navigation bar at the top of any page on the Site is an indication that the third party website may be able to see your activity on the Site.
Links to Third Party Site: The Site contains certain links to third party websites, such as our vendors. We are not responsible or liable for the privacy practices or content found on these websites. We recommend that you check the privacy notice of each website you visit. Links to third party websites are provided solely for your convenience and any submission of data to such websites shall be at your sole risk.
Marketing Requests: When you request literature or promotional material from us, we share your name and postal address with a third party fulfillment company for the sole purpose of sending you the requested information. This third party is not permitted to store the information and is only authorized to use this information for the purpose of transmitting the requested material to you.
Law Enforcement and Protection of Users: To the extent permitted by law, we will disclose Personal Information to government authorities or third parties pursuant to a legal request, subpoena or other legal process. We may also use or disclose your information as permitted by law to perform charge verifications, report or collect debts owed, fight fraud or protect our rights or property as well as those of our affiliates, customers, or its users. You should be aware that, following disclosure to any third party, your Personal Information may be accessible by others to the extent permitted or required by applicable law.
5. Children and Privacy The Site is a general audience website and is not directed to children under the age of 18. We will never knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 18 without verifiable parental consent. If you are under the age of 18, please do not provide us with personally identifiable information of any kind whatsoever. If we become aware that a user is under the age of 18 and has submitted Personal Information without verifiable parental consent, we will remove his or her personally identifiable information from our files. We understand that children may not fully understand all of the provisions of this Privacy Notice or make informed decisions about the choices that are made available to adult users of the Site
6. Security The Site utilizes industry-standard firewalls and Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to allow for the encryption of potentially sensitive Personal Information, such as your name or address. You should recognize, however, that no computer system is fully secure and that there are inherent risks associated with Internet transactions. To make sure you have the latest security features on your browser, you may want to download the most recent version of your favorite browser, which should have full SSL support.
7. Corrections/Information Removal/Opt-Out If your name, email or postal address, telephone number or other Personal Information changes, you may update, correct or omit the relevant information by contacting us at email@example.com. In addition, if you no longer wish to receive communications from us you may opt-out by sending a letter to Clover Wireless Privacy Officer, 4200 Columbus; Ottawa, IL 61350 or by clicking on the unsubscribe link within any marketing email you receive from us.8. Contact Information If you have any questions or concerns about this Privacy Notice, emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org., or send a letter to: Clover Wireless Privacy Officer, 4200 Columbus; Ottawa, IL 61350 or by clicking on the unsubscribe link within any marketing email you receive from us.
9. Limitations On Liability IN NO EVENT WILL CLOVER WIRELESS OR ITS PARENT, AFFILIATES, LICENSEES OR ANY PARTY INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING OR DELIVERING THE SITE OR ITS PRODUCTS OR SERVICES BE LIABLE IN ANY MANNER WHATSOEVER FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS, USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SITE, OR IN CONNECTION WITH ANY FAILURE OR PERFORMANCE, ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DEFECT, DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, COMPUTER VIRUS OR LINE OR SYSTEM FAILURE (INCLUDING LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR DATA, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, AND DAMAGES THAT RESULT FROM INACCURACY OF THE INFORMATION OR INCONVENIENCE, DELAY, OR LOSS OF THE USE OF THE SITE). THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS APPLY WHETHER THE ALLEGED LIABILITY IS BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR ANY OTHER BASIS, EVEN IF CLOVER WIRELESS OR ITS AFFILIATES OR ANY OTHER PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.